Can I use the double press or long press to activate a smart scene

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-08 18:18:45

Can we add a feature that uses the double press on the dimmer switch to activate a scene? This would solve some of my issues. I would like to be able to double tap a switch as I leave the house and all the lights go out. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can I use the double press or long press to activate a smart scene
2020-02-12 16:57:55

@Andrewmd03 

Thank you for the feature request. I'll be sure to forward this. 

Options
2020-03-31 15:03:05
Wemo offer this feature long time ago, I'm pretty sure that TP-link can do this easily!
Options
2021-01-17 12:23:12
Hello any news or feedback on this feature? I love that I can long press on my Wemo switch to control another device. It’s an awesome feature. I prefer TP Link because it’s more reliable than the crap from Belkin however I long for this feature.
Options
2021-02-20 13:45:56
Options
2021-11-28 22:36:41

I agree, TP-Link needs to include double- and long-press options. This would enable a truly flexible smart home set-up.

In addition, the app could use some improvement. I find that I have more control with smart actions by using Samsung's SmartThings app. It's pretty sad, that I have to go to another vendor to get an app that gives me the flexibility I want ... that is, what I am able to do within the limitation of NOT having double- and long-press options.

Also (and this has been brought up in many other threads), it would be nice to have the option of disabling the white off status LED ring. Or, perhaps, even giving us the option to light an LED when the load is ON (an amber LED would be nice in this case).

PLEASE upgrade your switches/firmware (whatever it takes) to give us the control we desire!!!!

Options
2021-12-05 20:23:25

@Tony are there any updates on where this feature stands on the roadmap?

Options