Kasa app cannot find home WiFi network (or any networks)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-14 03:44:24
Model: KB100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Had a strange issue earlier today where one of my bulbs stopped responding to commands via either my Google Home or the Kasa app. I went to reset it and reconnect, but when I connect the bulb and then attempt to tie it to my home network, Kasa indicates that it can't find any suitable WiFi networks (see screenshot).

At this point, I've restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, factory reset both bulbs (now neither is able to connect). My home network is working fine otherwise, so I don't think it's an issue there. Does anyone know what this issue might be?

Options
12 Reply
Re:Kasa app cannot find home WiFi network (or any networks)
2020-02-14 18:23:04

@chronology 

Is your network Open (no password) or hidden (SSID not broadcasting)?  If Hidden choose 'join hidden network'  If an open network you will need to secure it as Kasa Devices can no longer connect to a unsecured open network.  

Options
2020-02-14 22:51:43

@Carl thanks for the response! Unfortunately the network is neither hidden nor not secure. However, for some reason I can't even select the "join hidden network" button; when I tap it nothing happens.

Options
2020-02-18 22:34:59

@chronology 

What type of security are you running on your router and what is the encryption type?

Options
2020-04-04 03:13:29

Mine is doing the same thing. I already deleted the app along with lights on the app and no luck.I have 3 bulbs all 3 do the same thing. @chronology 

Options
2020-11-29 18:58:24

Was there a resolution for this issue? The bulb can't find any WiFi network - and I have a few available. It lost its connection about a day ago and I am not able to recover. Was there any update on 11/27?

Options
2020-11-29 23:20:39

Having the same issue, all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, and I am still having no luck. 

Options
2020-12-01 01:21:02

Having the same issue here too. I've installed dozens of Kasa devices without issue... until now. I suspect the new iOS update broke something. 

Options
2020-12-01 17:21:16

@KRingg - I was finally able to make it work. iOS 14 requires that every app be granted permission to access local networks. I deleted and reinstalled the app, then tried again. That didn't work, but then I went to the app settings (Settings>Kasa>Local Network) and toggled the setting off and then back on. The next time I scanned for my home network, It didn't pick it up initially, but did on the subsequent rescan. It worked twice. Hopefully, this helps!

Options
2020-12-05 16:56:43

@Texican i have tried all of the above and still nothing will work for me. Very frustrating. 

Options
2020-12-11 13:50:39 - last edited 2020-12-11 13:51:16

I was having trouble with this as well.  The app did not have the option to allow access to local network.  I ended up rebooting my iphone and then when I re-oppened the kasa app, I got the message asking for permission to join local networks.  Hope that helps

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7354

Replies: 12