KC100 camera Kasa Care free plan after 2 years. What functions are available?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-13 23:57:33
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

Do I still get any cloud support or notifications? Is saving video still an option?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KC100 camera Kasa Care free plan after 2 years. What functions are available?
2020-03-14 00:42:02

@Goodwood427 

After the Free 2-year plan expires you will need to subscribe to a paid plan in order to get monitoring, notification and recording features to work.  Without a paid plan you will only be able to view the live stream.  This is because the recordings do not reside on the product but rather only in the cloud. Recording and notifications only trigger when motion is detected and the recording file is created.  

We should at one point this year have a SD-Based version of this camera out.  Keep an eye on KasaSmart.com for updates.  

Best Regards 

Options
Re:KC100 camera Kasa Care free plan after 2 years. What functions are available?
2020-03-14 00:59:24
Thank you, I think I'll wait for the SD version before buying more..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 819

Replies: 2