Problem connecting Switch to App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 20:13:51
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed a lot of these in my home...when I am adding a new switch the process goes fine until I get to where it connects to wifi in the app.  Every time I have tried(over 10) it does not find the network initially.  Every time when I rescan it does, however when I try to connect it give the "Unable to connect to your wifi network" message.  I have tested wifi speed and it is fast.  Looking for help?  Thanks

Tom

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem connecting Switch to App
2020-03-24 19:08:26

@tomburke1977 

Make sure the phone is not using any power saving mode. Before doing the setup again, verify the wireless password on your smart phone by forgetting the Wi-Fi network, and connecting to it so you get prompted for the password. Once that checks out, factory default the one switch, and then set it up. When you get to the password section, delete what is in there and enter it again, make sure the phone does not captalize the first character if the password begins with a lower case.

Options