2-gang wall plate for HS200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2-gang wall plate for HS200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
52 Reply
Re:2-gang wall plate for HS200
2021-04-23 16:17:55
Eaton and Leviton both make a decorative screw less cover 2 gang cover that look and fit almost perfect. You should easily find these at Lowe's, Menards, or Home Depot.
Options
2021-05-02 14:45:12

I have about 6 Kasa Smart Switches/Dimmers. I only bought these as a test to see if they will be a good fit for my home to replace my current Z-Wave setup. These are fantastic smart switches and would love to replace all of my current Z-Wave switches and outlets with these. However, the lack of 2, 3,4, and 5 gang wall plate is a deal breaker for me to buy more and may consider alternatives to this platform. I know that others have mentioned various third party wall plates, but there are some issue with these. One, the colors simply do not match and my ODC is going to have a field day with this. I have bought several wall plates to test and none of them look correct. Yes, I bought the ones suggested on this forum as well. Second, none of them are flush with the switch. The switch seems to be recessed and no adjustments appear to correct this as the switch is flush with the inside of the wall plate. So, one would need to shave down either the back of the wall plate or the front of the switch mount to achieve a flush look. Most, if not all third party wall plates have an second mount/adapter that needs to be installed so that their screw less plate will attach. TP-Link's plate does not, which is a great designed by the way.

I seriously wish TP-Link would produce additional wall plates in 2, 3,4, and 5 gang versions. Do not assume that third party wall pates are an option for you to not produce additional plates for your product. They simply look horrible and will mitigate future revenue. People like a complete product and this is not by any means complete.  Please produce additional wall plates in 2, 3,4, and 5 gang versions.

Options
2021-05-12 14:38:07

@Tony have you guys figured out yet?

Replacing two switches down to 1 smart

And 3 switches down to 1 switch and 1 smart.

I need to cover-up the gap.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMYssksKZDeSkxtELn-wCNehVRh59MODOhh1qm3i-xs-WXvg_CIhBUI6NBFkspvFQ?key=RU1JU1JGbUx3R0F3ZHVwdjJBN0xQcFp3OG05c2Jn&pli=1

Please advise.

Options
2021-05-12 20:17:25 - last edited 2021-05-12 20:19:33

@RajaRam You cannot locate the switch in the middle of a 2-gang box anyway (as your image suggests) - it has to go on either the left or right position, replacing one of the current toggle switches using the same mounting holes in the switch box. 

So for the one per your attached images, what you must do is use a 2-gang cover (as per those others suggested in this thread) and install a Decora Blank in the other slot 

e.g. You need this 2-gang Switch Cover plus this blank adapter 

For the 3-gang box (with only 2 switches utilized), I would suggest the best appearance would be to get the same series Switch Cover (but 3-gang version) plus the blank plus one decora Switch (to convert the toggle to a paddle style) 

How are you eliminating a switch in each box anyway???? Circuit that is no longer being used or?????

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-05-12 20:26:05

@RajaRam - here is an example of a 2-gang with a Smart Switch plus a blanking plate - this of course has a screw-on wall plate - you can also go this route or the screwless as linked above. But it MUST remain a 2-gang cover, whichever you choose. 

@dianay 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-05-12 20:36:37

Here is another option 

https://www.amazon.com/Enerlites-Combination-Polycarbonate-Thermoplastic-880131-W/dp/B01M15D37C/

I haven't seen a screwless like that 

I think the blank filler looks a lot cleaner personally 

Options
2021-05-12 21:31:56

@TPVader2000 Ditto everything you said. I have tried the third party wall plates suggested. I don't want third party wall plates - none of them are flush with both the wall and the switch, and agree that none of them match the switches. 

I have a whole drawer of useless 1-gang wall plates that came with all my Kasa switches that I can't use because most of the switches need 2-gang plates. Please offer these.

Options
2021-08-25 04:13:13

@dianay We are still waiting for the dual/triple gang wallplates that match the Kasa switches and match the Kasa single gang wallplate with the nice large size and the rounded corners.  What is wrong with this company?  Like others, I may be forced to switch over to Casita or some other brand of smart switches.  It would be nice also, if they made a single pole regular switch.  They are losing out on so much business by not offering the product so many are clamoring for - a dual gang wallplate that matches the single gang one they already make. 

Options
2021-10-06 21:30:56

@JayC I did the same. I had a three-way and a two way in one box and a two-way in the other. I needed them to all look them same. I picked up another modern switch and a two gang Luton plate and a single Lutron plate. Everything fits perfectly and the Boss is happy. 

Options
2021-10-06 21:33:49

@dianay A lot depends on how well the box itself is installed. If it sits a little to deep, behind the Sheetrock for example, you're not going to find anything that will fit right. Get the box sitting right and try again. May need an electrician. 😡

Options
Related Articles