My router isn’t connecting to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-03 19:01:38
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

It isn't connecting to my internet I've plugged it in and its still not working 

Options
2 Reply
Re:My router isn’t connecting to the internet
2020-04-03 20:49:01

@Isaiah720 

Look at the internet light, if it is off, look behind the router and make sure you have a Ethernet cable giong from it to the modem. If that checks out swap the cable for another.

If the internet light is amber, leave the router alone, and power down just the modem for a couple of minutes then boot it back up. Once the router boots up the internet light should turn the same color as the other lights, and you should have internet.

Options
Re:My router isn’t connecting to the internet
2020-04-05 19:34:09

@Isaiah720 

What did you have before? Another router or a PC direct connected to it?

Generally, if you are changing devices connected to the modem, you must power down the modem and device connected to it. Then power up the modem and when fully up, the device connected to it. If that is the router, when it completes coming up it should work?

If it does NOT, connect a PC to it and follow the power cycling. Does the PC get an Internet signal? If it does, and you connected the PC using the SAME cable as you connected the router to, the router is possibly bad. I say 'possibly' as you should inspect the WAN port on the router to make sure it is OK, no bent pins or something covering them.

If you did have an old router before, if you put it back in, does it work?

By the way, 'what' isn't connecting to the Internet? The router or a PC?

PC? You need to FORGET the old connection you had. Then you should be able to connect. If wired, then delete the Network Connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 764

Replies: 2

Related Articles