Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-09 13:04:55 - last edited 2020-04-09 13:08:16

(This is not a 3-way circuit set up.)  I have two seperate circuits, each with their own Kasa HS220 dimmer switch on them to control two sets of LED undercabinet lights.  I'm trying to find out if there is a way to group these two switches together so that when I manually adjust (turn off or turn on, or adjust dimness) using one of the switches itself it will also have the same effect on the other Kasa HS220 switch?  I know I can group them in the App so that when making changes from the App, it will effect both switches but trying to find out if I can extend that grouping so that manual presses of one of the physical switches also has same result on other switch.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?
2020-04-09 18:36:22

@C-Hans 

If you configure smart actions in the Kasa app you can look to have the other HS220 turn off or on, but not sync dim settings.

Options
Re:Group 2 Kasa switches so physical adjustments of one switch also causes same on other Kasa switch?
2020-04-09 20:21:28

@Tony Thank you.  Good idea.  That works.  Close enough.  It would be nice if TP Link adds the dimmer adjustment down the road but this suits my purpose for right now.  Thanks again

Options
2021-11-12 02:18:11

@Tony been a year since last answer. Just curious if the physical dimmer function can be linked now? Cheers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3820

Replies: 3

Related Articles