Kasa Spot KC100 turns on by itsself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-13 15:29:17
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Up to date

Using the app on my android phone, when we are home I turn the camera off so it will not send notices due to our movement. Unfortunately, several hours later I begin to receive notices and find that the camera is now turned on. Why is this happening?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Kasa Spot KC100 turns on by itsself
2020-04-13 22:11:24

@Goodwood427 

Really the only three instances for this to happen are:  You have a power on schedule configured, Someone is turning the camera on through the app,  You have a TP-Link Switch and have the camera setup as an action device in the smart actions section of the Kasa app.

Options
2020-04-17 15:57:45

@Carl 

Carl, thanks for the reply. I have no schedules/scenes set up, I'm the only one with the app installed, and I have no TP-Link switch. It seems to turn on in the morning about the same time (7-8 AM). I will monitor it more closely and see if I can get any other clues. Is it possible it's picking up a signal from spmething/somewhere else or from detected movement? It seems to come on about the time my wife would be in the detection area.

Options
2020-04-17 20:44:35

@Goodwood427 

If there is no schedule or smart action setup the camera should not be able to turn itself on.  Everything you described points to a schedule setup in the app,  Do you have the camera connected to any other service like IFTTT or Alexa or Google Assistant?  Something like that?

Options
2020-04-17 21:23:37

@Carl 

No, I have none of those. I do have the app on a second old android phone in my bedroom that I use as a tablet. I will remove the app from that and see if it makes any difference.

Options
2020-04-20 15:33:23

@Goodwood427 

Please let us know if that helps.  Since you are signed into the same account schedules are suppose to appear on all devices that sign into that account.  Right now that is what looks like to be the issue, that a schedule is active.  I don't think its possible but the camera might have a schedule loaded that is not appearing on the app.  If that is the case the next step if removing the app on the 2nd device doesn't work is hard reset the camera and reconfigure it.  If you are sill having issues at that point we would want to replace the device and locally test that unti. 

Options
2020-04-20 16:57:32

@Goodwood427 

I removed the app on both devices then reinstalled it on my primary phone. All is good. Then reinstalled on the old phone as well. Still good. Go figure!

Options
2020-04-20 16:58:16
Thank you for all your help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1630

Replies: 7