HS210 - Constant disconnect when internet access blocked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 20:15:57 - last edited 2020-04-15 21:11:36
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hey,

I have multiple HS210 switches around the house (more than 20) at different hardware versions (1.0 and 2.0) and all are up-to-date with the latest firmware.  All the switches are connected to a 2.4ghz ssid only and assigned a static dhcp ip from my router...not using any VLANS.

As soon as I enter a firewall rule on my router to block any WAN OUT traffic from the switches (to prevent outgoing internet access from the switch), all the switches (and I mean all) start disconnecting and reconnecting to my home network and continues to happen every 5-10 minutes or so (Between the reconnects I can control them locally just fine, as expected, and the kasa app shows the switches as local only)...I can see the switches losing connection and re-connecting in my router logs and I can see on the switch as well that it is blinking green and then goes to solid green when it connects again....to stop it from happening I have to disable the firewall rule and things go back to normal.

To add, this happens on my HS105 and HS220 as well.

What exactly is going on here?  What's the relation with internet access and the switches working as expected on my home network?

Home network hardware is UniFi Dream Machine with 2 FlexHD APs.  I have only 1 SSID per floor for my 2.4ghz IoT devices, and the switches connect to their respective floors SSID.

Take Care

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210 - Constant disconnect when internet access blocked
2020-04-16 14:27:45

@karimkb 

May be a bit extreme, but what if you disconnect the internet from the UniFi? Do the smart switches just revert to local only and nothing else?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 523

Replies: 1