3 Gang Wired Together Switches - Need to Replace Two Switches With HS200 Smart Wifi Light Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 Gang Wired Together Switches - Need to Replace Two Switches With HS200 Smart Wifi Light Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-27 00:07:14
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Not Sure - Not Installed Yet

I have two scenarios, both 3 gang installations where I want to replace two of the switches with an HS200 smart switch.  The problem is that the switches are all wired together, so I am not sure how to properly install these smart switches.  I've attached photos for easy reference.

Scenario 1 - Front Door

1st switch - a hallway light which I want to replace with an HS200

2nd switch - a dual plug for lamps to plug into in the living room (keep this switch as is)

3rd switch - an outdoor motion light which I want to replace with an HS200

Scenario 2 - Back Door

1st switch - a hallway light which I want to replace with an HS200

2nd switch - an outdoor motion light which I want to replace with an HS200

3rd switch - a four-way switch setup that connects to two other switches in the basement for lights (keep this switch as is)

I can do basic wiring and have easily converted other switches in my hose with smart switches, but this wiring looks odd to me, and I don't want to mess it up.  I would appreciate any help that someone can offer me in the correct way to wire these switches.

Thanks!

File:
Switch Scenarios.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:3 Gang Wired Together Switches - Need to Replace Two Switches With HS200 Smart Wifi Light Switches
2020-04-27 00:27:18

@Aphelion_Blue 

The most simple way is to just treat the double black as 1 wire, and connect the HS200 as you normaly would.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 1