Can’t get switches to work with different router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-28 23:22:57
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I Follow the instructions to reset the switch is to factory settings. I get the flashing green in amber Amber

Options
8 Reply
Re:Can’t get switches to work with different router
2020-04-29 15:22:14

@Mark0286 

You want to verify the wireless password you are putting in Kasa is correct so verify that on your smartphone first. To do that forgot the wireless network on your smartphone to your router, then reconnect and enter the same wireless password you were entering for Kasa. 

If the wireless password has been verified as the correct one, go into your router settings and change the wireless security. If the router is set for WPA, change to WPA2, or if it is on WPA2 switch it to WPA. Once the smart switch is connected put the security back to what it was.

Options
2020-04-29 22:06:33

@Tony There is no place in app to change WiFi or password. I restored switch to factory settings and followed the procedures on the Kasa app. When you change the Wi-Fi to the TP Mac setting and go back to app it searches and can't find. I have a lot of these switches and might just give up and go with a another brand. This is ridiculous, I had no trouble with other companies switches and plugs. By the way this is a Verizon WiFi router and I have max bars in house. I also tried changing the wap settings, didn't make any difference.

Options
2020-04-30 21:40:19

@Mark0286 

This is the section I was talking about, on the third screen that is where you enter the wireless password for the smart device to use in order to connect. My mention before was not of the wireless signal strength, but of the password being entered incorrectly. It may seem trivial, but if your other devices connected then so should this, and this can prevent that.

Options
2020-04-30 22:25:13

@Tony  That is for a link, not a switch. They don't give you that option for switches. I wish they would give you this option, because that would be an easy fix.

Options
2020-04-30 23:07:17

@Mark0286 

You should be getting something like this when setting up the HS210. If you are getting something different would it be possible to show screenshots? I can take that and see what I can find for you:

Options
2020-05-01 20:13:36

@Tony Here are pics. 

Options
2020-05-01 21:06:44

@Mark0286 

Please restart your device then try to connect to the HS210. Another thing to look at / try is to forget the wireless network you normally connect to, just to make sure the device does not automatically switch over to a network that does have internet.

If you still have the same issue, try to use another smart device, restarting the device if need be.

Options
2020-05-05 00:08:02

@Tony  Thanks for the help, I got it working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 854

Replies: 8

Related Articles