Ax1500 drops signal out of the box!!!!!!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-10 18:46:32
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: Newest?

Bought this router yesterday hooked it up used the tether app to setup and update firmware.  After setup I'm able to connect but the connection is in and out. Then after a while of being in and out it will disconnect my devices and say cannot connect to this network. Very frustrated with this as I am usually a netgear man and switched because it sounds like the router is bpretty good but doesn't seem to work for long when I can manage it. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ax1500 drops signal out of the box!!!!!!!!
2020-05-12 16:07:33

@vtvap3guy 

Look at the front of the router when your devices indicate there is no internet connection. Are any amber rather than green?

Options
2020-05-13 00:56:03

@Tony all green I tried the router again today after swapping back to my old netgear ac router and same problem everything sets up okay and my hardline internet devices run fine but the WiFi is unstable except on my kids 3 playstations those have no issues with the WiFi my iPhone 7 has the same issue as my computers spotty connection at best

Options
2020-05-13 23:19:43

@vtvap3guy 

Are all devices connected to the same band? Or are the gaming system on the 5G and everything else on the 2.4GHz?

I would modify the wireless channel and width to see if you get better performance: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2292/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1494

Replies: 3

Related Articles