TETHER Application can not find my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 21:09:53 - last edited 2020-05-15 18:36:57
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

First i connected my CYTA ( Cyprus) router with the Archer C7 by ethernet !! LAN 1 with LAN1 of Archer C7. I have internet connection with my C7 TP LINK. Also Ethernet connection is fine. Unfortunately while i am connecting with C7 do not leave me to go in TP LINK SETTINGS!  192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 ....Unfortunately browser is stuck. Not moving. Also i can't connect with TETHER Application! I have one AC750 TP LINK TRAVEL ( TL-WR902 AC) and it is connecting so easy with Tether Application!!!! Please help me. My CYTA ( Cyprus ) router is ...ZXHN H267A  V 1.0.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TETHER Application can not find my router-Solution
2020-05-15 17:21:18 - last edited 2020-05-15 18:37:00

@YURIBOIKA 

If you are connecting to routers from LAN to LAN both need to have the same LAN IP subnet, and only one of them can have a DHCP server active. If both DHCP servers are active and both are using their own LAN IP then nothing will work.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-05-15 18:27:22 - last edited 2020-05-15 18:36:57

@Tony Thanks for everyone for the answers. Finally late the morning i found the solution. I read somewhere in web that if someone have a  router/modem and wish to connect an external router for any reason.... first of all... before connect the two devices with LAN Ethernet must to make the correct settings!!! For example my new router was Archer C7 AC1750 ! Before to connect my TP-LINK AC7 with my old Router/Modem i should connected with wifi with my mobile or Laptop with ethernet and inserting in web site 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1... and inserting in TP-LINK settings. user name and password Admin-Admin and to the correct settings!!!! Also i was connected with Tether application. I make a search and i found my TP-LINK new router. I make the correct settings and after i make them save ... i connected with Ethernet from LAN the two devices. Be careful!!! The old Router/ Modem was connected from LAN port and my new router AC7 from internet (blue color port). NOT LAN PORT. After that the two devices connected and synchronized perfectly!!! So please this is for everyone one!! If you buy a new TP-LINK ROUTER.... before you connected with ethernet cable the two devices ... first you must to connect from your smart phone with TETHER Application... find your new router and do the correct settings. And after that connect your old router/ modem from LAN port ... To TP-LINK new router in the port of INTERNET. Not LAN port. ( The Blue color port). i hope i helped you with those information. After too much time finally i did it. Now i know the way in the next time when i will buy a new TP-LINK router. And the solution of my problem was a big thanks from a friend in our TPLINK site that he said those useful informations. Than some Routers/Moden of some companies after they already connected with ethernet.... they do not allow the TPLINK devices to use the settings or to connect with the device to makes some changes!! So it is better before to connect the two devices it is much better to do the correct changes. And always with 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Thank you for your time. And i hope i helped with my that bad memory adventure!!!! Now i will not make again the same mistake. So not you also. Good night and peace in our hearts. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2020-05-15 17:21:18 - last edited 2020-05-15 18:37:00

@YURIBOIKA 

If you are connecting to routers from LAN to LAN both need to have the same LAN IP subnet, and only one of them can have a DHCP server active. If both DHCP servers are active and both are using their own LAN IP then nothing will work.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-05-15 18:27:22 - last edited 2020-05-15 18:36:57

@Tony Thanks for everyone for the answers. Finally late the morning i found the solution. I read somewhere in web that if someone have a  router/modem and wish to connect an external router for any reason.... first of all... before connect the two devices with LAN Ethernet must to make the correct settings!!! For example my new router was Archer C7 AC1750 ! Before to connect my TP-LINK AC7 with my old Router/Modem i should connected with wifi with my mobile or Laptop with ethernet and inserting in web site 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1... and inserting in TP-LINK settings. user name and password Admin-Admin and to the correct settings!!!! Also i was connected with Tether application. I make a search and i found my TP-LINK new router. I make the correct settings and after i make them save ... i connected with Ethernet from LAN the two devices. Be careful!!! The old Router/ Modem was connected from LAN port and my new router AC7 from internet (blue color port). NOT LAN PORT. After that the two devices connected and synchronized perfectly!!! So please this is for everyone one!! If you buy a new TP-LINK ROUTER.... before you connected with ethernet cable the two devices ... first you must to connect from your smart phone with TETHER Application... find your new router and do the correct settings. And after that connect your old router/ modem from LAN port ... To TP-LINK new router in the port of INTERNET. Not LAN port. ( The Blue color port). i hope i helped you with those information. After too much time finally i did it. Now i know the way in the next time when i will buy a new TP-LINK router. And the solution of my problem was a big thanks from a friend in our TPLINK site that he said those useful informations. Than some Routers/Moden of some companies after they already connected with ethernet.... they do not allow the TPLINK devices to use the settings or to connect with the device to makes some changes!! So it is better before to connect the two devices it is much better to do the correct changes. And always with 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Thank you for your time. And i hope i helped with my that bad memory adventure!!!! Now i will not make again the same mistake. So not you also. Good night and peace in our hearts. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TETHER Application can not find my router
2020-05-15 18:34:57 - last edited 2020-05-15 18:36:35

Also a big Thank to Tony for his immediately help and correct answer. Thank you Tony. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1214

Replies: 3

Related Articles