Guest Network Bandwidth control issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 07:54:20 - last edited 2020-05-23 06:25:56
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 181213 Rel.33336n(5553)

Hi All,

I am using Archer C20 model which i bought on 20th May 2020. I am having issues with my guest Network bandwidth limitation.

The issue is as soon as I limit the Bandwidth for the Guest Network for example 3 Mbps download speed, it not just limit the speed for my guest Network it also limit my entire Network for all my devices inculding wired device like my desktop and if i disable my Guest Network speed limit remains the same and doesnt change, even reboot of Router doesnt help.

To get rid of this issue, i had to factory Restore the router and reset Configuration to get it working normal.

Any idea? if I am doing anything wrong or if anybody else have faced this issue in the past. Please help me as i really need to set the guest Network with limitations.

Thanks in Advance

X Bull

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Guest Network Bandwidth control issue-Solution
2020-05-23 06:23:07 - last edited 2020-05-23 06:25:56

@Tony Thanks for the response. I figured it out yesterday but could not get time to reply in this post.

Basically in my older Router portal it was a direct setting to set guest bandwidth limitation. But in this new Router when you enable the bandwidth limitation it direct you to your overall Bandwidth control setting first where I was setting the speed for a guest network, then once its is saved it come back to guest bandwidth limitation. 

So to fix it I Maxed the Bandwidth Control and then set the guest bandwidth.

It is Resolved for me.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Guest Network Bandwidth control issue
2020-05-22 17:23:06 - last edited 2020-05-22 17:23:39

@XBull 

Have you tried enabling bandwidth limitation for your main network, but putting the available speed to max while keeping the guest network to 3 Mbps? https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/1725/

What IP does a guest device get?

Options
Re:Guest Network Bandwidth control issue-Solution
2020-05-23 06:23:07 - last edited 2020-05-23 06:25:56

@Tony Thanks for the response. I figured it out yesterday but could not get time to reply in this post.

Basically in my older Router portal it was a direct setting to set guest bandwidth limitation. But in this new Router when you enable the bandwidth limitation it direct you to your overall Bandwidth control setting first where I was setting the speed for a guest network, then once its is saved it come back to guest bandwidth limitation. 

So to fix it I Maxed the Bandwidth Control and then set the guest bandwidth.

It is Resolved for me.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1411

Replies: 2

Related Articles