Echo Dot can't connect to WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 20:41:56 - last edited 2020-06-19 21:10:20
Model: AP500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 151014 Rel.49676n

Hello all, 

My router is actually an Archer C7 AC1750 but couldn't find it in the dropdown menu.

So my problem is, I just got an Echo Dot with Clock and it can't connect to my network. I was able to successfuly connect to my neighbour's Guest Network but I have tried many times and it won't connect to mine.

This dot is replacing one that I got years ago, and the old one is connected to my network. So something must have changed in my router config but I really don't know what to look for. 

I would greatly appreciated any help I can get. And let me know if I should take any screenshots of my router menu, if that can help.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Echo Dot can't connect to WiFi-Solution
2020-06-19 18:18:50 - last edited 2020-06-19 21:10:20
Hello Tony, After forgetting my network, it said connected but no internet. So I did change the settings as you instructed and it fixed my internet problem. However the Echo Dot could still not connect. I changed the name and password of my WiFi and it now works! Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out!
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Echo Dot can't connect to WiFi
2020-06-18 22:20:48

@StephanB 

Use your cell phone to forget your wireless network, then reconnect to verify the password you are using is correct. You may be giving the wrong password when connecting to the A7.

With respect to the Archer A7, try specifying wireless channels. For the 2.4GHz set the channel to 11, for 5GHz, set the channel to 36. The settings can be found in Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings.

Options
Re:Echo Dot can't connect to WiFi-Solution
2020-06-19 18:18:50 - last edited 2020-06-19 21:10:20
Hello Tony, After forgetting my network, it said connected but no internet. So I did change the settings as you instructed and it fixed my internet problem. However the Echo Dot could still not connect. I changed the name and password of my WiFi and it now works! Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out!
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Echo Dot can't connect to WiFi
2020-06-19 21:10:35

@StephanB 

Great, thank you for an update with the solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1785

Replies: 3

Related Articles