HS200 Blinks white and amber at the same time and makes loud clicks when

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 23:54:05
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I am currently trying to install two HS200 switches at the same time and all they do is blink both the indicator white on and off and the wifi only amber on and off.  If I try to hold the reset button, like the instructions ask, it clicks the entire time with the indicator light blinking in time with the clicks. It tried the restart button also, but it doesn't change the behavior of the switch.

I have wired the switches up to neutral ground, and both to two separate live like the previous switches were wired.  What do these lights mean?

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS200 Blinks white and amber at the same time and makes loud clicks when
2020-06-18 22:32:38

@RGraeber 

That might pertain to the wiring, another user eluded to the cause being the neutral wiring.

Does the light the switch is going to control only controllable from that one switch?

Have you tried installing the switch in a different outlet?

Options
2020-07-15 22:15:46 - last edited 2020-07-15 22:17:30

@Tony I am experiencing the same problem. In my case I am just installing a single switch but it is a 2-switch box (the other switch is not connected to the same circuit, and the load is only controlled by a single switch). I connected the ground, neutral, live and load wires, then turned on the breaker. Everything was fine and I got the amber/green flashing light.

Then I clicked the switch and the bad behavior started (white and amber light flashing, loud clicking noise, and every click toggled whether the load - in my case a light - was on. The light clicked on and off approximately once a second).

Holding reset only made the cycle go faster. When I held reset the cycle would stop, but would resume immediately when I released the reset button. When I hold the switch the white ring appears along with a quickly flashing orange light - and after about 4 seconds the green light flashes and the on/off cycling resumes.

Options
2020-07-15 23:19:02

@pmsolter update: I moved one of the switches exhibiting this behavior to a different circuit (controlling just some interior lights instead of the ones on the front of the house) and the problem went away and it behaves correctly.

So apparently it has something to do with the front outdoor light circuit that was causing the issue. Is this maybe something about too high of a load? (Although it's just 4 lights out front, so not sure why it would have a high load...)

Options
2020-07-17 18:26:14

@pmsolter 

The switch can handle up to 600W Incandescent bulbs or 150W LED bulbs so if the bulbs combined are less it should be fine. You might need someone to double-check the wiring to see what it could be or what is different.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2909

Replies: 4