Can't access LAN devices when WAN is down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 23:12:23 - last edited 2020-06-26 23:14:29
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Have a strange problem with M9 only when then WAN goes down:

• Main M9 (router mode) is wired to modem.
  • Another device is wired to main M9. This device has several static IP adresses bound to it's NIC.
  • Everything is on the same subnet.

Everything works fine and is addressable (except web interface of M9, strangley) when WAN is up. When WAN is down, I cannot access anything on the device connected to the M9. Not sure what to do about this but it seems like very strange behaviour.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't access LAN devices when WAN is down
2020-06-29 17:54:09

@jbabco 

What happens with the Deco is if there is no internet on the WAN port it kind of freaks out so in doing that it does not know what is now the WAN port. 

Options
2020-07-17 04:44:15

@Tony 

Please tell me this is on a bug list to be fixed. This exact thing happened to me last night. My network was virtually unusable. Becuase there was no DHCP, there was no route for devices to take. It should be fairly simple to designate a wan port in the app during install.

Thanks,

Sam

Options
2020-07-17 21:23:40

@pdxsam 

Since the inception of the Deco that how it seems to operate so I do not believe it will change. Now, this only applies to devices wired to the main Deco.

An alternative may be to have the wired devices connected to the satellite Deco or have a separate router, and the Deco units operating in AP Mode.

Options