Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 23:16:24 - last edited 2020-07-01 03:09:49
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

In 2017, TP-Link announced support for Kasa in IFTTT's, but only as "actions" (or "that's"). At the time, it was promised that "triggers" would be added in the future. Well, it's been 3 years, so "in the future" has come and gone. Other competing switches, such as Wemo, do support "triggers" in IFTTT. You can do a little in Kasa with Smart Actions, but you cannot create actions for devices that are not in Kasa. I call upon others here to support me in requesting that TP-Link commit to supporting IFTTT triggers, as they said they would, and give us a timetable for their implementation. Thanks!

Options
8 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!
2020-07-01 00:31:04
I agree this is incredibly frustrating and I do not understand why this feature hasn't been added.
Options
Re:Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!
2020-07-13 07:00:47
👍
Options
2020-11-02 21:51:25

@pbanders Agreed. Such an obvious and useful trigger!

Options
2020-12-01 23:04:53 - last edited 2020-12-01 23:05:35

@pbanders Is this the reason that my HS200 switch when manually pressed doesn't update smartthings even though the apps are linked?  I'm looking for answers...

Options
2021-02-05 08:01:01

@pbanders very frustrating. Promises broken, and seemingly such a simple change. 

Options
2021-11-13 16:28:27
FYI, Wyze now has their own smart switch, and they support IFTTT triggers, and a 3-pack is only $33. As it's pretty clear 5+ years after promises from TP-Link that they would add IFTTT trigger support, and/or permit more than 3 Smart Actions, and they haven't delivered and have made hundreds of excuses, it's looking like time to jump ship
Options
2021-12-05 20:16:39

Was recently considering purchasing another Kasa device (already have 5) and noticed there were no triggers for IFTTT (need it for the next project).  Is anything coming?  If not, will move over to Wyze (have 2 devices of theirs and they work great with additional IFTTT support).

Options
Re:Kasa Cameras/Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's")
2022-03-16 21:46:11

Wow - I was trying to get a trigger for my new Kasa Camera - when a person is detected on the camera to email/text me - WHAT, we can't do that?  Why not?  You notify me every time the wind blows("Motion detected"), but I cannot see when a real person is on my porch??

Likely sending this camera back for one I can get important updates from.

I love my KASA smart switches, but the cameras are way behind.....

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 1801

Replies: 8