Need a motion sensor to connect to our Smart Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-09 18:24:22

I am looking for a motion sensor that I can install in the hallways, bathrooms, closets, and garage, that turn on the light when motion is sensed, then turns it off again after a predetermined time period.  It would be really great if it could be integrated with IFTTT so the bathroom and hallway lights only come up to 30% after going to bed (so we are not blinded at 2 AM).  Any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need a motion sensor to connect to our Smart Switches
2020-07-12 03:21:06

@Harald_B I bought a Samsung Smartthings motion sensor to do what you are describing. However you have to have the TP-Link SR20 smart home router or a Deco M9 with a smart router built in. 

It been a while since I've looked but I do not believe you can get it to work with IFTTT. 

Ryan

Options
Re:Need a motion sensor to connect to our Smart Switches
2020-07-12 14:16:57

@Harald_B the 30% idea got me thinking about doing something similar. I assume you have a dimmable light fixture that you are trying to control like this right? With a HS220?  

I'm wondering if you can pair a TPlink bulb with a HS200 switch and set up a rule that if you turn on the switch in the middle of the night it only turns on at 30%. Or take it a step further and add that sensor so if there is motion in the middle of the night turn on at 30%.  This is cool. 

My wife will make fun of me so hard!  

Ryan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1036

Replies: 2