TP Link DNS issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link DNS issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP Link DNS issue
TP Link DNS issue
2020-07-24 03:12:56
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I mistakenly unbind my router from the DNS service provided by TP-Link

Now I can not reuse the name "domain_name".tplinkdns.com   (of course the name is not "domain_name".  I just use domain_name for privacy.

There is no 'website' I can log in to administer (read delete) that entry to use it again.

True, I can just use a different one but I have several remote IoT devices mapped to that name.

Please help.  I just want to reuse the old "domain_name"

Thanks,

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link DNS issue
2020-07-24 21:03:59

@JorgeST 

It might be a case where the domain didn't completely disassociate? When registering a DDNS name it should just check to see if it already exists and reject it.

You could download Tether, log in to your TP-Link ID and see if the router shows up there as a cloud device, if so delete it, then try to register the same name.

I would recommend contact our support team so they can look in the back end for you if anything can be seen: link

If you have not done so, I would also try unbending your TP-Link ID to the router, then rebind, and then try to register the DDNS. If that still does not work try rebooting the device, and if possible even trying factory defaulting the router in case the configuration went bad.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1276

Replies: 1

Related Articles