HS200 Turning on and off repeatedly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 03:48:54 - last edited 2020-08-17 00:35:04
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Took the HS200 right out the box and tried installing it. Flipped the breaker back on and was greeted by the expected flashing orange and green WiFi symbol. Went on the app and was able to enter in password for the WiFi and waited for it to connect. While waiting, I hit the switch to see if anything would happen and it began to turn on and off repeatedly. I tried the reset button which did nothing and the restart button which stopped the cycle as long as it was held down.

The original dumb switch was connected by 2 black wires, in the back there were 2 white wires connected to each other, and then finally there was a green wire connected to a bare copper wire. I connected each accordingly and then what I described above happened.

I am trying to install the smart switch onto my porch lights that are controlled by only 1 switch. The switch is apart of a 2 gang panel, the other switch controls an outlet inside. Our house is pretty old and the wiring has always seemed kind of weird, but I don't have much experience in electrical so don't take my word for it.

Did I interrupt the connecting process and brick my HS200? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS200 Turning on and off repeatedly-Solution
2020-08-17 00:26:28 - last edited 2020-08-17 00:35:04

If the switch is blinking orange or the lights are blinking, then something is wrong with your neutral (white) wire connection. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS200 Turning on and off repeatedly
2020-07-27 02:52:02

@Dh510 Sounds like you did evrery thing right.  Have you checked the wiring?  i have seen strange stuff like that happen if the neutral (white) wire was connected properly.  Sometimes wires come out of the wire nuts when you put the switch back in the box.   Do you have any pictures?

Ryan

Options
Re:HS200 Turning on and off repeatedly-Solution
2020-08-17 00:26:28 - last edited 2020-08-17 00:35:04

If the switch is blinking orange or the lights are blinking, then something is wrong with your neutral (white) wire connection. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HS200 Turning on and off repeatedly
2020-08-17 00:34:50
Eventually had a handy family member check it out and you are right, the neutral wire was for the outlet not the porch light. The wiring in this house is pretty weird I guess. Thanks for help though
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4056

Replies: 3