One of my HS210 Kasa Switches Randomly Stops working in a "Group"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-14 21:42:33
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I have a total of 4 Kasa light switches in my kitchen. I've set up a group (named kitchen) for these light switches. One of my Kasa light switches randomly doesn't respond about 50-60% of the time when I tell Alexa to "turn on kitchen lights." It will also randomly do this in the Kasa app when I turn on the kitchen group, not just when I use Alexa. If I turn it on manually (by hand) or by telling Alexa to turn on/off that specific switch, it turns off and on 100% of the time. 

I have:

1) restarted the switch

2) pulled the light switch from the wall and ensured my wiring was correct and no wires are touching where they shouldn't be

3) restarted all my switches in the kitchen

Nothing has fixed it so far. Any other suggestions or has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:One of my HS210 Kasa Switches Randomly Stops working in a "Group"
2020-08-17 21:30:57

@N757AF 

If the group you have was created in Kasa, and you use Alexa to call that group. Have you tried to create a new group in Alexa, adding those four switches?

Options
Re:One of my HS210 Kasa Switches Randomly Stops working in a "Group"
2021-10-28 01:29:55

@N757AF did you find a fix? Mine just randomly stopped working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1019

Replies: 2