HS220 I installed 20 and 2 of them keep asking me to check the WIFI info spelling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS220 I installed 20 and 2 of them keep asking me to check the WIFI info spelling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 09:45:35

I installed 20 HS220 Smart Dimmers (note they all worked at the same time at 1 point) 2 of them are displaying the RED Wifi light.

I Factory Reset and removed them from the App. I use the + to add it back in as new.

They start off with the normal Orange/Green Blink. The app asks me which one I select either. It goes through the process, asks me to connect to the WIFI I do (I even look at the password to make sure it is correct, the light on the dimmer blinks Green.

I notice when they work it takes about 30 seconds. These take much longer. After a few The light goes back to the Orange/Green Blink, a few bit more the App tells me to check for Typos.

This is over an over I reset them 100 times. I disconnected them from power, changed the WIFI WPA back and forth, I changed the WIFI password I changed the WIFI Name.

Nothing works, at this point i think they are busted and want to just install 2 more but heck they work as a light switch and man they are like $30. Any Suggestions? Thank you. 

frown

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 I installed 20 and 2 of them keep asking me to check the WIFI info spelling
2020-08-27 16:53:34

@dugtlr 

Have you tried enabling the 2.4G guest network on the router and connected them to that?

I'm wondering if the 2.4G may be getting crowded on your router now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 1