Wifi disconnects and the lights go on!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-16 15:22:40
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have a KL50 amber lightbulb in my home (I thought I bought ALL KL60).  It comes on when the wifi goes down. My KL60s do not. Is this a problem with that particular bulb?

I switched to Kasa from WeMo due to excessive problems. So far this is the only glitch.  Any help is welcomed.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi disconnects and the lights go on!
2020-09-16 20:31:55

@Kathlin409 

Check the bulb's settings and see what its status settings are set to.  Also check for any firmware updates.  If the bulb is up to date and the settings do not indicate a behavior like this, please let us know and we can look into this further. 

Options
2020-09-16 21:31:08

@Carl 

FIrst thing I do when trouble shooting is check the settings. I checked the firmware. Took it out and put it back in.  Right now I'm having intermittant Internet but the Bulb is not coming on. That's a good thing!

The bulb is less than 2 months old. I bought a KL60 but for some reason, I'm now finding out this is a KL50 bulb. Bought it through Amazon. Don't have the box (threw it away.)

Options
2020-09-18 16:17:45

@Kathlin409 

Hi Kathlin

I refered to my engineering team and they confrimed this is abnormal behaivor.  Please confrim if the TP-Link ID you use as a log in here is the same as on your Kasa and what your Router make and model are so we can investigate further.  If you TP-Link ID is different please DM me that so i can provide it to our team.

Thank you

Options
2020-09-18 16:22:04

@Carl Ya know, the wifi went down last night and the light didn't come on. It's strange! So as of now, it's working just fine.

Options
2020-09-18 16:28:06

@Kathlin409 

If it happens again please let us know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 5