no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
no internet connection
no internet connection
2020-09-27 12:17:27
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

I have lost my internet connection a day ago.  I have DSL modem that is working fine and when it is hardwired to my desktop, I do get internet service.  Tried restarting the router without success.  Not sure what to do now. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:no internet connection
2020-09-27 14:27:41

Sslashers10 wrote

I have lost my internet connection a day ago.  I have DSL modem that is working fine and when it is hardwired to my desktop, I do get internet service.  Tried restarting the router without success.  Not sure what to do now. 

@Sslashers10 

So what happened a day ago? What occurred or what did you change if anything?

What are the light colors on the router, specifically the Internet one?

Might want to review Chapter 2 in your manual, https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-a10_v1/chapter-2-connect-the-hardware#ug-sub-title-1

Still have problems, report back with results from above and what other debug have you tried besides restarting the router (like tried RESET for instance). It would also be nice to know if you used a differenct cable from modem to router as well.

Options
Re:no internet connection
2020-09-28 22:39:36

@Sslashers10 

I would also look into if you need to see up a PPPoE connection on the router WAN or if the router WAN needs to remain as a dynamic connection.

If dynamic, try modifying the DNS servers to different lines like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 by selecting the advanced > network > internet settings

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 2

Related Articles