erratic app behavior

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

erratic app behavior

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
erratic app behavior
erratic app behavior
2020-10-02 15:34:42
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I just installed a HS210 switch in a 3 way light circuit, the other switch is the original dumb unit, the circuit functions properly from both locations. My issue is with the switch's status as shown in the app, when the circuit is activated with the app, the power indicator icon initially will show that the circuit is on, after a few seconds the icon will automatically indicate that the circuit is off, even though the light remains on. This is wreaking havoc with my Alexa integration, Alexa will not turn the circuit off because the app's power indicator icon shows that the circuit is already off, despite the fact that the circuit remains active.

Immediately adjacent to this switch is a single pole smart switch (HS200) which shares the same neutral conductor and functions fine locally and by using the app, the app's power icon works as expected for this single pole switch.

This is what I've done so far:

• performed soft and hard switch resets 3X each
  • force stopped the app numerous times
  • signed out then back into my Kasa account numerous times.
  • checked for firmware updates, presently none are available
  • Wi Fi connectivity is -45 dBm 

Having to replace the dumb switch with a HS210 is out of the question, there is no neutral conductor available at that location, besides I've 5 other 3 way lighting circuits in which I've installed just 1 HS210 switch in all 5, all function as expected, including the app's power indicator's icon and Alexa integration.

Hopefully someone can offer a resolution other than condemning the new HS210 in this circuit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 0