Smart Actions no longer functional

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-02 19:15:52
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I had several Smart Actions set up and working in my Kasa app. They had been working for months. As of a couple days ago, they all of a sudden stopped working. When I open Kasa on my phone, I see none of the Smart Actions I had set up. If I try to add one back in, after clicking done it spins for 15 seconds or so, then tells me "We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later."

I am running the latest version of the Kasa app, all of my Kasa devices have the latest firmware. I have also signed out of the app and signed back in. Is this a global outage happening right now, or is it just me?

Options
22 Reply
Re:Smart Actions no longer functional
2020-10-02 21:23:18

@mgudites 

I was able to create several actions and enable three of them so it likely is not affecting everyone.

The latest version of the app should be 2.26.0.

Try going to the app settings then firmware update to see if there may be new firmware.

Also, if you happen to have another smartphone log in with the same account and try to create smart actions.

Options
2020-10-03 11:34:17

@Tony 

It's still doing it. As mentioned in my original post:

I am running the latest version of the Kasa app, all of my Kasa devices have the latest firmware. I have also signed out of the app and signed back in.

Options
2020-10-04 01:49:44

@mgudites same here I've had multiple actions set up for months always worked , they have no disappeared and I've tried to set them up and they are unable to 

mgudites wrote

@Tony 

It's still doing it. As mentioned in my original post:

I am running the latest version of the Kasa app, all of my Kasa devices have the latest firmware. I have also signed out of the app and signed back in.

Options
2020-10-04 17:56:41

Likewise.  Noticed that my auto off smart actions were not happening.  Checked the app, smart actions have disappeared from the app. App spins and errors out trying to save any new Smart Actions.  Have tried twice a day for the past 3 days.

Options
2020-10-04 23:40:07

@mgudites I have nothing to add other than that I am also experiencing the same issue.

Options
2020-10-05 01:31:52

@mgudites 

same problem here. Existing Smart actions disappeared and can no longer add new ones. 

Options
2020-10-05 12:37:11

Thanks everyone for replying! Sorry you're having an issue but I guess I'm glad it's not just me. I'm assuming some of you may do the same but, I just went ahead and put in a support ticket.

Options
2020-10-05 14:46:03

Just another note to say I'm having the same issue. I hope you get it figured out with Support and share the solution.

Options
2020-10-05 20:25:26

Psujims wrote

@mgudites same issue here.   I just noticed this update on Kasa page, "Note that you must have TP-Link Smart Home Router (SR20) installed and at least one smart device connected in order to use Smart Actions."

What total BS!   I already have a google mesh network and have no need or want to add a router so I can use a feature I already purchased!

@Psujims Oh seriously!?  So that would mean they locked it down so you need to have their router for it to work, despite the fact that it can clearly work without one. Wow....

Options
2020-10-05 20:35:12 - last edited 2020-10-06 15:58:31

@Psujims 

That is incorrect, the SR20 is a router that was sold previously that had smart actions, but the smart actions that you can currently use do not need the SR20. This is why smart actions were working before for others.

I'm looking into the issue with our Smart Home team to see if anything can be found.

In the meantime, I would recommend periodically checking to see if the actions start working again.

Please note in our FAQ in the minimum requirements does not say SR20 is needed: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2567/

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5728

Replies: 22