KP303 Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KP303 Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KP303 Local Only
KP303 Local Only
2020-10-20 10:45:03 - last edited 2020-10-20 10:46:48
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Just only a few days ago, I just realised my control via the Kasa app for my KP303 smart plug has become 'local only' and can't be controlled when not connected to wifi.

I tried all the troubleshooting such has restarted the power strip (power off, power on) .. resetting the powerstrip .. remove and re-add the power strip via the app .. restarted my router .. checked and updated firmware of the powerstrip via the Kasa app ... tried all of these multiple times and still remains as local only.

Prior when it was still working, I had not changed anything. All of a sudden it just stopped working.

Please help .. this is very frustrating!

Note: When trying to re-add the smart plug in the Kasa app, it did mention that I needed to turn on Remote Control in the settings to use it away from home. But, I can not find this setting anywhere in the app settings!!

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP303 Local Only
2020-10-21 22:34:46

@Alex_Boon 

Tap on the device in the devices menu, then the gear on the top right. In the device settings menu is where the remote control would be seen as a ticker setting.

Here is an article with some additional tips as well: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2243/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1278

Replies: 1