Alexa says server unresponsive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-22 00:29:26 - last edited 2020-10-23 22:34:11
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP Link Smart Dimmer that was previously connected to my Alexa app and has always worked great. I then added the dimmer switch to Google assistant as well, and since then it has only worked with Google assistant and Alexa keeps saying server unresponsive. This continue no matter how many times I reset and set everything up all over again. Does anyone have any advice for this issue? Thank you. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Alexa says server unresponsive-Solution
2020-10-22 21:00:00 - last edited 2020-11-12 23:41:09

@lonestar43 

If Google works, then the Kasa app should be fine.

I would disable the Alexa skill, and re-enable it.

If that does not work, log into your computer, disable the skill there and enable it again. As another user mentioned:

Login into alexa.amazon.com on your laptop, click on Skills on the left nav, scroll down to the TP-Link Kasa icon, click it and click on DISABLE SKILL button at the top. Once skill is disabled go back and re-enable it by clicking on Enable on the top right. Enter the TP-Link Cloud log in credentials during the enablement process. Add your plug if required and try ON/OFF functionality again within the Alexa app.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Alexa says server unresponsive-Solution
2020-10-22 21:00:00 - last edited 2020-11-12 23:41:09

@lonestar43 

If Google works, then the Kasa app should be fine.

I would disable the Alexa skill, and re-enable it.

If that does not work, log into your computer, disable the skill there and enable it again. As another user mentioned:

Login into alexa.amazon.com on your laptop, click on Skills on the left nav, scroll down to the TP-Link Kasa icon, click it and click on DISABLE SKILL button at the top. Once skill is disabled go back and re-enable it by clicking on Enable on the top right. Enter the TP-Link Cloud log in credentials during the enablement process. Add your plug if required and try ON/OFF functionality again within the Alexa app.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Alexa says server unresponsive
2020-10-23 01:12:25
That worked. Thank you very much!
Options
Re:Alexa says server unresponsive
2021-03-14 21:51:23

@Tony This absolutely  worked.  great solution

Options

Information

Helpful: 5