smart switch won't connect to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-25 16:54:31

I changed my wifi and reset the switch several times and even turned off and on the power to the switch but it won't connect, Orange alternating with green light won't go on.

Options
5 Reply
Re:smart switch won't connect to wifi
2020-10-27 15:42:45

@Robertcard1 

Verify the wireless password being provided to Kasa is correct by forgetting the wireless network on your cell phone, then connecting back. Once that checks out delete the Wi-Fi password in the Kasa app, and enter it again.

If the switch still does not connect, switch the wireless security. If you are using WPA2 switch to WPA, and vice versa. Once the switch connects, revert back to your original settings.

Also, make sure the phone is not currently using a VPN connection.

Options
2020-11-08 00:07:01

@Tony 

What wireless password? TP-LINK_Smart Switch is an unsecured network. Or are you talking about my actual wireless network?

Options
2020-11-10 21:50:30

@dhrz 

dhrz wrote

@Tony 

What wireless password? TP-LINK_Smart Switch is an unsecured network. Or are you talking about my actual wireless network?

In my response to the original poster, yes the actual password to the router wireless network.

Options
2021-05-07 12:04:04

@Tony I already have the Kasa app with plugs and power strip hooked up and just had 4 switches installed yesterday, I just cannot get my first one to connect to wifi

Options
2021-05-07 12:04:05

@Tony I already have the Kasa app with plugs and power strip hooked up and just had 4 switches installed yesterday, I just cannot get my first one to connect to wifi

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 20205

Replies: 5

Related Articles