HS200 lights won't turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-11 14:31:17
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Bought box of 3. Tried first on deck light (only switch). Light won't turn on with manual touch. Uninstaller. Tried first light on kitchen light (only switch for that one, too). Part of a triple switch, replaced other two with dumb paddle switches. Other switches work, but same results on Kasa. Tried using second Kasa switch. Same outcome. Why won't the Kasa switches work even by pressing the button?

Wiring setup: white to white, black to black, black to black, no ground wire in wall.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS200 lights won't turn on
2020-11-11 23:10:22

@BeesonClan 

Do you happen to have pictures of the installation? Before / After, wiring etc.

Options
2020-11-12 01:06:49

@Tony i don't have pictures of the before. I have taken the Kasa switch off for now, but here are three two blacks and one white coming from the wall.

Options
2020-11-13 21:45:31

@BeesonClan 

I see a red and black wire together in the back. Is the outlet a single-pole outlet or a three-way outlet? Three-way outlets have a red and black wire which are the travelers so that looks odd.

Was the original switch a smart switch? If not, what wires were connected to where?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 992

Replies: 3

Related Articles