KASA smart switch screw issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-27 18:13:29
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I standardized on KASA tp-link and bought dozens of these to completely make my 4-year-old home SMART.  Leaving all cover plate issues to the end.  Everything works EXCEPT most of my switches were either double or triple gangs and now neither the old cover plates can be attached with standard US screws or the screwless wallplated provided can be attached.

WHAT IS THE SPECIFICATION of the holes in the KASA switches so I don't strip anymore of them trying to get standard larger screws into them.  I spent $100s and many people are upset about this.   

Options
2 Reply
Re:KASA smart switch screw issues
2020-11-29 00:31:12

@Drneutrino I have the same issue. I've tried 3 different brands of cover plates. It's quite ridiculous. If the screws go in the plate sits off the wall leaving a gap. The dimmer switches come with a removable top plate. Once that plate is removed the metal is a standard size. Hopefully someone has a specific brand that works! 

Options
Re:KASA smart switch screw issues
2021-11-06 19:26:12

@Benzo i found Bessen on Amazon that work for 2, 3 and 4 gang boxes.

Screwless Wall Plate, White, USWP4 Series, Commercial Grade, Unbreakable Polycarbonate, UL Listed

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BLTS4FC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Options