Kasa app compatibility with TP Powerline Extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 11:24:09 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:49:30

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread/post...

I'm looking for a way to remotely or schedule a reboot of my TP Link wifi adaptors/extenders (model AV600) - due to them dropping signal or getting into a state requiring a restart.

Neither the TP-Link PLC utility app or http://tplinkplc.net/ (web access) seem to allow me to do this - or it will only restart the 'local' adaptor that the device is connected to (and not all devices on the network).

I could be wrong, but I've seen some threads that give me the impression that I may be able to do this using the Kasa app - however I'm struggling to get the app to recognise my extenders... is this because they are not compatible? ... is there ever likely to be a firmware update which will allow this? 

Or do I need to purchase new Kasa compatible extenders? (hopefully not)

Alternatively any advise anyone has to help resolve my ask would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Peter

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa app compatibility with TP Powerline Extenders
2020-12-02 19:47:11 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:49:30

@PLJ 

To this point there are no Kasa enabled powerline adapters.  Kasa is not compatible with Powerline products only the Kasa smart line of products.  Depending on your model wifi schedule may be available  use this as reference WiFi schedule steps start on page 20.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 1