2 or 3 Gang (Double or Triple) Switch Needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-07 20:10:09

Is Kasa working on expanding its product line to include a 2 or 3 gang (double or triple) wall switch? I see that 2 gang smart wall switches are offered by some other companies but I like the Kasa environment and was hoping to manage all of my switches on a single app.

Hoping for new products and an expanded Kasa line soon!

- Steve

Options
6 Reply
Re:2 or 3 Gang (Double or Triple) Switch Needed
2020-12-08 23:26:59

@SwitchedOnSteve 

I have not seen anything related to that, but we are always taking in feedback and forwarding it to our smart home team.

Thank you.

Options
2021-02-08 21:32:43

@SwitchedOnSteve Agreed! I would like to see the product line expanded to multi-gang switches - almost every switch plate in my home is double or triple. Love the product, need more of it

Options
2021-02-18 03:48:02

Agreed.  My house is littered with 2 gang switches.  I can't, for example, control my outside front lights because they are on a stacked (2 gang) switch. 

Options
2021-02-26 17:41:21

@SwitchedOnSteve UPDATE - I was recently at The Home Depot and saw that they sell 2- and 3-gang switch plate covers with rectangular openings that the exact size of the Kasa wall switches. Some of these are mixed-size with one opening being sized for a conventional wall switch and the other being a large rectangle that's properly sized for a Kasa switch. I've now successfully installed a Kasa switch on one side of my 2-gang grouping so that it controls the outdoor light in front of my house while the other (conventional) switch controls the light in my indoor front entrance.

So this solution to this issue of multiple-gang, and mixed Kasa/conventional switches may be as simple as buying switch plate covers from The Home Depot.

- Steve

Options
2021-09-09 17:54:24
Please work a little faster. This is a no brainer that 2, 3, 4 and possibly bigger gang covers are needed. My customers love your product but don't like the idea of mixing brands that may not look like they fit together properly or produce a sloppy looking installation. They don't want more than one app on their phone.uniformity is the key.
Options
2021-09-25 16:22:07

@SwitchedOnSteve

I totally agree need some for 4 as well.  Come on tplink - wayyyyyyy behind

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 981

Replies: 6