Selling House - How do I transfer devices to new owner?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 15:49:50

Hi, I'm selling my house and I'm wondering how I will transfer all the devices to a new owner. I assume I can remove the devices from account but not sure how new owner will add devices to their account if it's not a new installation. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Selling House - How do I transfer devices to new owner?
2020-12-09 17:13:42

@NickMate 

Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, that will factory default it. Have the new user download Kasa, create a new account, then set them up again: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/946/

Options
2021-06-26 09:31:03

And why do you need to transfer some devices to a new owner? Won't he get them as soon as he moves into your house? That sounds pretty weird. Especially when it comes to the security system.

Options
2021-06-27 08:44:08

Indeed, I didn't understand the question a bit. For example, you have a complete set of ajax security system installed at your home and the new owner of your house will receive it for use as soon as he moves into the house. Like, I don't understand why I should somehow pass something to him. You don't have to dismantle anything for that, right? A person has the right to figure out how and what to do with the devices, only if you do not want to take them back to your use, I believe. Am I not right? Correct me if I misunderstood something.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3890

Replies: 3