HS220 stopped functioning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 15:49:29
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.11

Hi,

I've had the HS220 installed for about 6 months, with no issues. Yesterday, it stopped functioning. While the switch is powered, is recognized on my network and by kasa app and Alexa, out of two lights it was connected to one of them is off and one is on, but dimmed. I can no longer control the lights with the switch at all.

I've restarted the switch, and have done a factory reset but no changes. 

I saw a post with a similar issue, but it just seemed to be a faulty switch. I have another kasa to replace it, but if this is a common problem I'd rather go and purchase a different brand.

Any one have any thoughts?

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS220 stopped functioning
2020-12-16 22:20:13

@Potatodreams 

If the physical pressing of the button does not control the light I would verify the wiring to make sure something has not become loose. If nothing seems wrong, then the switch may have malfunctioned. 

Options
Re:HS220 stopped functioning
2020-12-17 01:12:03

@Tony Checked the wiring, it was fine. Replaced the switch with another HS220 I had intended for a different switch and it works fine. I'm pretty disappointed that the hardware failed after such a short time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 673

Replies: 2