HS200 and Bathroom Exhaust Fan - won't work?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-23 20:15:21
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I am attempting to use an HS200 to power a Panasonic WhisperGreen Exhaust fan (model FV-05-11VKS1).  The HS200 will not turn the fan on.  I can use a standard single pole switch and fan works fine.  Additionally I've installed about 20 Kasa switches in the house already, so it's not my first switch install wink.  

Anyone have any ideas why the Kasa switch won't operate the fan?   I use the fan in a vacation rental and sometimes the fans are left on.  I want to be able to turn them off remotely if they are left on.

Thanks.

(apologies if this has been asked resolved - wasn't able to find it)

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS200 and Bathroom Exhaust Fan - won't work?
2020-12-29 19:23:28

@s.p.s. 

Kasa Switches at this time do not work with circuits with Fans do to the slight difference in wiring. I do not see any products currently on the roadmap that will address this concern either.  I will add this to our request form to the PMs for evaluation. 

Options
2021-06-22 04:45:24

@Carl Ran into the same issue, so would be great if there was a plan to address it.

It seems possible that the issue with my fan is not anything about wiring, rather, that it needs a 20A switch. Can't be sure, but I'm sure both would be useful.

Options
2021-06-22 23:36:49

@Snowberg 

A Switch to control a ceiling fan is on the roadmap now, but i don't currently have a ETA.  Though still nothing that is specifcally for a bathroom fan.  The Ceiling Fan one might work but it would need to be tested. 

Options
2021-06-23 02:03:28

@Carl Awesome, always good to hear you are expanding your product line up. A ceiling fan switch would be useful: right now I just use a normal smart switch with my ceiling fan, and use the chain to adjust the speed. Was thinknig of trying it with a dimmer, but maybe sometime in the future. 

Not sure what is special about an exhaust fan that it doesn't work with a normal smart switch: after all, it works just fine with a normal single pole switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3389

Replies: 4