HS200 Won't Connect

HS200 Won't Connect
HS200 Won't Connect
2021-01-10 22:09:30
Model: HS200
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm having issues getting this one switch to connect to my network. I have 20 smart switches, 3-way switches, smart lights, and smart plugs in total. This is a new switch that I'm adding. It's the first one I've ever had issues with. Just like several other people have said, switch is blinking orange/green, log into app, press the add button, app finds the smart switch in a couple seconds, select network, type in password, switch blinks green, then goes back to green/orange. 

I've tried switching to WPA2 Personal, reset switch, restart switch, tried a different phone, tried my guest network, and I have no VPN anywhere so that's not an issue. I love these Kasa TP-Link products and this is my first issue. HELP!

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 Won't Connect
2021-01-12 18:26:15

@Big_A-A-Ron 

If you have an iPhone updated to iOS 14, check the app permissions to make sure the local network is enabled. 

We do have an upgrade tool that you can try to see if updating the firmware for it might help: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202003/20200312/Upgrade_Instruction.zip

When extracting the file choose your OS, and look at the word doc that has the instructions.

Options