Multiple Homes Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multiple Homes Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multiple Homes Kasa App
Multiple Homes Kasa App
2020-12-24 14:17:59 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:47:47

I use the smart plugs in a business and wondered if there would ever be an option in the app to have a drop down with different locations?  Meaning..  if I have five homes, I could choose the home and then see the devices at that location only?  Some other apps do this that I have used but wondered if that is on the feature list of things to come at all?

The only way I have found so far is to create a separate account for each location.  It's just kind of a pain to have all of the different email accounts and remember logins and login and back out of the app that way etc

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Multiple Homes Kasa App
2020-12-29 19:25:49 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:47:47

@Gotztofly 

Not that has been discussed.  But we will add it to our request form for the PM to evaluate. 

Options
2021-06-23 20:24:15

@AlizaOrtiz Setting a unique name still doesn't solve the two different physical locations when linked to Smartthings. All Kasa devices populate on both hubs and repopulate on every synch. The clutter of devices showing on the wrong hub is annoying.

Options
2021-08-04 15:24:35

I'm very interested in this feature.  I have a remote site with many devices, and my primary residence.  It would be very helpful to isolate the two locations within the same interface.

Options
2021-10-06 15:59:05

@wrg  yes I would be interested in this too. Having multiple homes on the same app would alleviate signning out and into a new account.

Options
2021-10-26 18:56:46

@Gotztofly if you have iPhone you can try out the app "Watt for Smart Devices" that have the option for multiple "spaces/homes"

"Watt for Smart Devices" made with ♡ for the TP-link IoT community https://watt-app.com/ (just for iOS/iPad and MacOS)
Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 3360

Replies: 5

Related Articles