HS220 stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS220 stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS220 stopped working
HS220 stopped working
2021-01-05 16:52:30 - last edited 2021-01-06 15:25:00
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I had my entire house wires up with kasa HS220 light switches and for the most part I loved it. But out of the blue when I woke up almost none of them work any more.... and I have no idea why. I have 1 that still works the way it should and all of the rest don't work from home assistant but do work on the kasa app. I checked and all of them are running the same firmware and revision. Everything is identical between the broken and working ones. I tried to ping to switches and the working one did ping and come back with replies but the broken ones were unreachable. I have no idea how to fix it since identical firmware has two outcomes so what else could be the issue?

I know that about a month or two ago they messed up everyones 110 outlets and I am wondering if this is the same thing all over again on a new device.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS220 stopped working
2021-01-06 17:11:46

@ben_bionic 

If the Kasa app still operates all the switch try relinking your home assistant to Kasa. Test the remote connection in the Kasa app as well for the switches to see if that still works rather than being on the same Wi-Fi.

Options
Re:HS220 stopped working
2021-01-07 00:19:31

@Tony so I did try that and it didn't work but I did fix it. I had to power cycle all my switches and they came back. Looks like an issue with the local api system crashing but still leaving open the normal kasa api.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1430

Replies: 2

Related Articles