HS220 Smart Dimmer not connecting to WIFI and light is now flashing on and off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-12 21:49:16

My smart dimmer switch stopped connecting to the wifi.  The LED light was blinking orange only.   I reset the switch and it did not correct the problem.  Error message - Unable to connect to your smart dimmer WIFI.   I then did a restart  and receiving same message but now my office light is flashing on and off.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 Smart Dimmer not connecting to WIFI and light is now flashing on and off
2021-01-14 19:08:18

@Jagger 

If you have the v2 hardware version there was firmware released a couple of weeks ago to try and address random reboots which is version 1.0.5. Try to factory default the switch where the switch to where you are finally able to connect to it. Make sure the phone being used is not on a VPN connection, also that the Kasa app has local network permission (iOS), and location (Android). Rebooting the phone as well has helped in connecting to smart devices in setting it up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1166

Replies: 1