Kasa Smart Switches and Outlets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-15 21:48:31
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

It would be nice if there was a Kasa smart switch (relay) available for the control of existing lighting, say like a ceiling light. This would work like your HS103 except instead of an AC plug input/output it would take 120VAC in (Black/White wires in) and switch the 120VAC (Black/White wires out) when turned on. It would need to be small enough to mount in the existing wall switch box and work with the existing wiring in that box, essentially replacing the old, mechanical wall switch. Then a dummy plate or cover could be mounted to the electrical box to replace the existing switch wall plate. And then a Smart WiFi switch could be mounted to the dummy plate with adhesive to replace the old mechanical switch.

This would allow old, existing hardware to be integrated with and controlled by Kasa hardware.

Are there any plans for such a device?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Switches and Outlets
2021-01-15 23:28:17

@KnowOne 

Thank you for the product suggestion.

There is nothing in the pipeline in regards to that. So far we're looking to bring out the three-way dimmer switches that users have been asking for. The story I posted also has other devices in the works.

I'll definitely forward that over to our creative team for consideration.

Options
2021-01-16 03:13:01

KnowOne wrote

It would be nice if there was a Kasa smart switch (relay) available for the control of existing lighting, say like a ceiling light. This would work like your HS103 except instead of an AC plug input/output it would take 120VAC in (Black/White wires in) and switch the 120VAC (Black/White wires out) when turned on. It would need to be small enough to mount in the existing wall switch box and work with the existing wiring in that box, essentially replacing the old, mechanical wall switch. Then a dummy plate or cover could be mounted to the electrical box to replace the existing switch wall plate. And then a Smart WiFi switch could be mounted to the dummy plate with adhesive to replace the old mechanical switch.

This would allow old, existing hardware to be integrated with and controlled by Kasa hardware.

Are there any plans for such a device?

See https://sonoff.tech/product/wifi-diy-smart-switches/basicr2

@KnowOne 

Options
2021-04-21 10:16:51

It is the best smart plugs in terms of value.vashikaran ke lakshan

Options
2021-05-25 07:55:32

I am facing trouble in it and I tried to call the service center but not abling to contact so ca you help me in that please best tantrik in howrah

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 887

Replies: 4

Related Articles