Dimmer Remember Brightness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-18 14:43:30
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to disable the remember brightness setting on the dimmers? 

I would like it to turn on to full brightness everytime. Sometimes I forget that I had it dimmed before shutting off, and I can't think of a scenario where I'd want it dimmed if it's already off and I'm turning back on. It just means when I turn on, I normally "tap and run" and as it fades on to the last configured dim setting I'm already a few steps away and realize I did to manually dim to full brightness. 

I think this is one feature the switches are missing. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Dimmer Remember Brightness
2021-01-18 19:47:34

@ctml 

What you need to do is set a preset for the color your use to 100%, then go into the device settings and in the option from "On" from the app, set that to the preset of 100%. Now every time you turn on the bulb in the app, it will always be 100%.

Options
2021-01-18 20:38:28

@Tony I'm using the dimmer switch, HS220. I am trying to accomplish this, but using the button on the dimmer. 

I understand this can be done one the app, I guess I am looking for the preset functionality for the physical dimmer button. 

Options
2021-01-19 23:34:28

@ctml 

Set the preset in the app, then configure the preset in the device settings:

Options
2021-01-19 23:44:30

Thanks @Tony, this is close however I want single tap to turn the lights on to a preset. The double tap or long tap can accomplish going to a preset, but it requires everyone in the house or building whether they live there or not to remember they need to double tap or longpress. We should be able to change the default behaviour of turning on through single tap as well, between preset or default last brightness. If we can't do this I need to explain to everyone how to use the light switch which is not intuitive. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 763

Replies: 4