Enforce Google Safe Search

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-09 11:20:12
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to keep Safe Search turned on my individual PC and any other device that connects to my TP Link Router.

Google recommends amending your hosts file for individual PCs using Windows.

I have used this approach with no issues on an invidual pc level

Now I want to keep safe search turned on for any other device that connects to my TP Link Router.

Googles Instruction on how to do this are :

'Keep SafeSearch turned on for your school, workplace, or home network

If you’re managing a school, workplace, or home network, you can force SafeSearch setting for all browsers and devices using your network. This applies the SafeSearch Virtual IP address to all Google domains you include in the configuration and can't be undone at the browser level.

To force SafeSearch for your network, you’ll need to update your DNS configuration. Set the DNS entry for www.google.com (and any other Google country domains your users may use) to be a CNAME for forcesafesearch.google.com.

Can I use TP link modem configuration to implement this?

How do i create a CNAME with TP Link?

How do I Set the DNS entry for www.google.com to be a CNAME for forcesafesearch.google.com?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Enforce Google Safe Search
2021-02-09 19:27:47

@FAM 

You are not able to create a CNAME in the router.

The URL you want (forcesafesearch.google.com) does resolve to the IP of 216.239.38.120 so you can possibly put that as the WAN DNS (Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced > "Use the following DNS...") to see if that may work, and test other devices that do not have a CNAME configured locally. I am not sure if that IP ever changes though (216.x.x.x).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1617

Replies: 1

Related Articles