My turn to have problem with an HS210 3 Way light switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-16 20:56:26
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Ok so I got a two pack of the HS210 switches and installed one of them in the downstairs bedroom without any issue.

I went to install the second one in the stairway and it is not functioning correctly.

I've included two pictures to show the wiring layout the best I can.  the two slide in connectors you see were originally wire nuts, one for ground and I assumed the second was the neutral lines.  The second switch is a manual type and is working fine from what i can tell.

When i flip the manual switch the light turns on and off and the HS210's relay can be heard clicking also.  I've twice been able to get the HS210 installed into the system but then it stops functioning.  I"ve attempted to to press he reset button but that does nothing.

When i get home tonight I can type out the sequence of steps i take and what happens.  I thought I could go on memory but I've forgotten all the stuff I've done at this point.

I should also have a multi meter available to me so i can check any voltages that might need checking.

Any thoughts with the pictures and minimum information I've passed along as to what might be happening.....again more info tonight if needed.

Options
3 Reply
Re:My turn to have problem with an HS210 3 Way light switch
2021-02-16 21:23:29

@Mark_W The slide in connector with the black and white wires is not a neutral.

In your case the power is at the fixture, and the neutral is at the fixture.

Without the neutral you can not use a smart switch.

Options
2021-02-16 21:33:40 - last edited 2021-02-16 21:34:12

@B.Will Ao then they wired this light differently then the other one that I do have working.....the light is semi close to the switch, would it be a nightmare to attempt to pull an extention to the box?  I'm assuming it would be.

Options
2021-02-16 21:42:47

@Mark_W Most of the time a re-wire will involve cutting openings in the sheetrock

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 3

Related Articles