Votes

Managed sharing of Kasa devices with others via Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-25 15:55:56

Kasa really needs to have the ability to share devices with other users like every other smart home app I have used, including those for cheap generic devices sold on Amazon. My understanding is that the only way to give someone else access to operate my Kasa devices, I have to bind the Kasa app on their smartphone to my TP-Link account. This is extremely insecure and unsuitable for sharing with children, guests, etc. This is available for Tapo devices. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2613/  and a serious oversight. I was totally shocked to find that there is no way to provide managed access to devices by creating a separate TP-link cloud account and inviting that account to link to mine for operating the devices. This is such a basic feature that the reasoning for it's omission is unfathomable. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Managed sharing of Kasa devices with others via Kasa app
2021-03-03 16:58:59

@DataSoong 

Thank you for your feedback.

We will definitely forward this to our developers for consieration.

Options
2021-03-13 16:19:45

@DataSoong completely agree. Am all in on kasa. Almost every light switch and multiple cameras. Now am remarrying and teens moving in. I need them to have access to specific lights but not my master bedroom. There are a thousand reasons to have granular control. I don't really care if it's basic authentication with low security. The feature is a must. I am now looking at replacing them all. I don't want to but kasa is forcing my hand.   What a major oversight?!

Options
2021-03-13 16:26:07

@DataSoong forgot to ask, has anyone found a way to handle this?  I have homebridge setup on my Synology NAS but it doesn't do it either. With Google, Amazon and fb offering authentication into everything, I'm surprised kasa mgt can't pull their thumbs out long enough to properly approve features. This is never a developer issue. They are great but only develop what is approved.  Somebody please hand kasa mgt another bonus so us customers can get the features we want!

Options
2021-06-07 07:25:37

@DataSoong 

How can I set my tp-link at the office..

Obsession love spell

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 718

Replies: 4

Voters 1