TP-Link Kasa Smart 3 way wi-Fi Light Switch goes On and Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-27 17:51:02
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

Hello...

I'm puzzled.  I had my TP Link HS210  3 way light switch installed by a licensed electrician last May 2020.  All of a sudden... Christmas 2020 the light starts to come on by itself and stay on for a bit (maybe 5-15mins) then turn off.  At first, I thought one of the kids was playing around with the app!  Then, my husband and I finally got tired of the matter this past week and replaced the bulb.  Since it was an LED bulb, we thought it was on its last leg and about to blow any day now.  Well, that wasn't the issue.  So now I'm puzzled.  Now that I'm on this forum... I see I'm not the only one.  I see a lot of issues were wiring issues on the forum (I've had my fair share of those with other TP Link installs. So I decided to have a professional install this one).  I think it's something else.  There's NO WAY I can call that electrician now about a botched job 9 months later!

Anyone have any suggestions. 

Thanks

Overit

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Kasa Smart 3 way wi-Fi Light Switch goes On and Off
2021-03-03 17:13:04

@Getoverit87 

If you have not done so factory reset the plug by holding the reset button for 15 seconds, then set up the switch again:

Some users mentioned if your network has multiple devices broadcasting the same network name it may reboot it. If you may have a router and a range extender, possibly changing the range extender network name to something different.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1033

Replies: 1

Related Articles