Smart Switch Tap vs Hold and other feature requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-02 01:19:56

I really am enjoying my Kasa switches and smart plugs, but feel the platform barely treads into the "smart" category.  There's so much more that could be implemented:

-When connected to the network, have the ability to separate the button press from its own on/off cycle.  This way, at the press of a switch's button, a scene can be recalled, a group activated, etc.  The lights connected to that switch could either be included in this action or not, but always controlled via the app or via integration like Alexa.  In my specific case, I have multiple rooms with switched outlets.  All of these switched outlets have lamps on individual Kasa smart plugs.  I would like to install a Kasa smart switch on the control for these switched outlets, but I do not want to remove power from the smart plugs by traditionally activating and deactivating this switch.  It would be great if the physical part of this switch had the option to be "always on" and pressing the button on the switch recalled a scene that told various programmed smart plugs to turn on/off.  

-Differentiate between various kinds of button presses.  Like a tap on a smart switch activates it, but a 3 second hold could activate a scene.  Or similarly, pressing two adjacent smart switches at the same time could activate a scene.  For instance one switch in a room with multiple switches could tell all lights in that room to turn on when held for 3 seconds, but a quick tap would just turn on the light that switch controls.

-Add more switch products.  I have several single-gang dual switches in my home.  It would be great to have a smart switch product in their place.  I would also love to see a smart button product that wasn't connected to any lights itself but existed as a button just to activate scenes or individual smart switches/plugs.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Switch Tap vs Hold and other feature requests
2021-03-03 18:31:37

@soundguyadam 

Thank you for the feature requests.

I see we currently have a preset call, but not a scene call.

I'll be sure to forward these suggestions to our devs for consideration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 326

Replies: 1