Light strip extension

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Light strip extension

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Light strip extension
Light strip extension
2021-03-05 15:10:22 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:45:14

I'm interested in accent lighting with the Kasa 430 light strips. I have to work around a microwave and fridge on my under cabinet project. Add me to the list of folks looking for connectors and extentions suitable for in wall applications to get around objects. Please dont tell me about 430E. I know the strip can be extended with LED strips, but it's not the same thing. This is a huge hole in the product line when compared to others like Solid Apollo. Thx!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Light strip extension
2021-03-05 15:37:54 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:45:14

@Vbatwork  just say your post and I wanted to buy these as well, is there no type of connection that will fit these as extensions? Or is their product have unique ends? I was trying to find info before I bought as I want to connect some as well behind a microwave yet don't want to buy wasted lights or even have to hid a light extension strip

Options
Re:Light strip extension
2021-03-05 18:54:14 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:45:14

@XEpicx there's nothing official from TPLink to connect two strings. I've found articles from others who have spliced lines together, but I'd feel more comfortable energizing OEM components, especially in hidden areas. Others have reported blinking issues with spliceded strings extended over 5ft. That sounds like a problem with the connections, not voltage drop since we should be able to string 33ft of these together. I think the company has to make something to keep the product competitive. I have other Kasa products installed and would prefer to use the same app which I think works well. The company is releasing a 3way dimmer switch this year according to CES, so they have been busy keeping up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 833

Replies: 2

Related Articles