Wiring two HS200's side by side

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wiring two HS200's side by side

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Wiring two HS200's side by side
2021-03-14 16:47:27

@Frostbyte Yes, will be fine for a temporary situation. 

Regarding why the neutral and ground were not used with old switches - well the ground absolutely should have been - there should have been a ground to each switch tieing into that ground wire nut. The terminal for the Ground Wire you can see on the left side (per your image view) of your switches and that screw is normally green.

The neutral however is not used on a manual switch since you are only switching the line voltage; the wire nut on the neutral wires is to connect the neutral through from the Line Romex cable (the one that comes from your breaker) through to the Load Romex cable (the one that goes to your light fixture) since there is no provision for this on the switch. 

Hope that helps.  

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
Re:Wiring two HS200's side by side
2021-03-14 18:11:58

@Bethel.8009 Ohh that's good and reassuring, thankyou.. I'll fix it as soon as I get home. The homes where I am at were all built in 1989, and that doesn't surprise me any. They were built fast and cheap as possible. No telling what other bad surprises  are hidden. Wonder if I should ground  every outlet and switch in the house? 

Thank you again for taking the time to explain, and help....much appreciated....you guys are great!

Options
Related Articles